2011 S-Tronic Audi A3 1.2 TFSI Service Intervals

Adelhal

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to purchase a 2011 Auto Audi A3 1.2 TFSI and needed some help with regards to the servicing history. I am not sure if the gaps are a cause for concern and I should avoid the vehicle. Please advise!

Below are the intervals:

Service 1 - 9,300 miles   - April 2013

Service 2 - 16,991 miles - June 2014

Service 3 - 24,911 miles - January 2016

Service 4 - 42,000 miles - September 2019

Service 5 - 51,883 miles - September 2020

Thank you very much. 

It shouldn't be an issue as long as audis service interval has been followed. Check for smoothness of gear changes. When they haven't been serviced and oil is old a common problem is the gearbox refusing to select reverse. 

Are these intervals from a stamped service book? Main dealer stamps? If so a main dealer may be able to get more information from their computer records as it's not unknown for a book to go unstamped in error even if the service was done.

One 17,000ml gap wouldn't normally worry me but the time period is a bit long at over 3.5yrs. Have a look online to see the MOT history and see if that gives any clue to its past repair history.

Overall though if the vehicle otherwise looks good and checks out I'd happily buy it with one proviso... check out their reputation for timing chain/pulley problems leading to engine failure and make sure yours isn't in the affected age range or if it is are there records of a recall repair etc.

• Like 1