ABS Module failure/ Traction light on

aaustin3777

Hi everyone. Was hoping for some advice. Looks like my abs pump/ module has a fault as traction light comes on and won't clear. Was just wondering if for this model can you take the electric module off without disturbing the actual pump so I don't have to bleed it again. Thanks any advise will be great 

Have you done a diagnostic check to confirm it's the module? I ask as the abs sensors are often the likely culprit or the wiring to one of the sensors has corroded/snapped. It's worth checking as a sensor replacement or wiring repair will be cheaper than replacing the module. 

Cheers

Steve

36 minutes ago, aaustin3777 said:

I will double check this tomorrow. I will let you know thanks for reply mate

You're welcome ☺️ definitely worth checking as it'll save you money if it's just a sensor 👍

Hi mate. Plugged it in today using snap on tool. One fault code for engine mang (which wont clear) which is P006800 MAP/MAF throttle position correlation. And for the traction light which also won't clear it just says 01314 engine control module read trouble code.

On 5/6/2021 at 8:59 PM, Steve Q said:

You're welcome ☺️ definitely worth checking as it'll save you money if it's just a sensor 👍

So it could be a maf sensor or oxygen sensor. 

If it was an abs sensor it would normally say. Might be worth looking for a second hand module before forking out for a new one As I do t think it'll be cheap

If the module is failing then yes. Maf sensor won't be connected. However out of curiosity how old is the battery? I ask as a failing battery can cause odd electrical gremlins. The normal life of a battery is between 5-7 years. 

3 minutes ago, aaustin3777 said:

Battery is old and needs to be jump started all the time will be changing that shortly. Thanks for help I appreciate it. 

My advice would be to change the battery first. As you might find that's actually the cause of the problem.