any recommendations on discs and pads? 2.0 cr170

arron1995

Hello Arron, 

For a normal - non competitive - driving style, I simply stick with main dealer pads, generally available at discount from dealers such as Aberdeen Audi etc.  (check eBay for similar listings). We did deviate once to what were then considered to be ‘reasonable’ quality aftermarket, but these were replaced after only a couple of months use due to the braking efficiency being well below that of the genuine Audi - so never again! 
Discs? Genuine VAG can be expensive, so I would suggest a premium brand such as Brembo.- again sourced via. eBay.  This combination has stood us in good stead.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

59 minutes ago, Magnet said:

Hello Arron, 

For a normal - non competitive - driving style, I simply stick with main dealer pads, generally available at discount from dealers such as Aberdeen Audi etc.  (check EBay for similar listings). We did deviate once to what were then considered to be ‘reasonable’ quality aftermarket, but these were replaced after only a couple of months use due to the braking efficiency being well below that of the genuine Audi - so never again! 
Discs? Genuine VAG can be expensive, so I would suggest a premium brand such as Brembo.- again sourced via. EBay.  This combination has stood us in good stead.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

thanks gareth, i was hoping to get oem pads in all fairness but didnt know if i could source them without a tps account etc, i will speak to some local audi dealers and see what they can do.

Hello Arron,

If you want genuine parts at discount then I would be following my advice and start searching EBay for Audi dealers who are selling there with a discount. As I say, Aberdeen Audi (ask for Malcolm) were one who were offering discounted prices - and will mail order. 
You will have to go on eBay to look for Brembo discs anyway - so one stop search. 

‘.....speak to some local dealers ....’ . You might stand as much chance of getting a discount as I have of getting my hair  back! I really wouldn’t waste their time and yours. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Magnet said:

Hello Arron,

If you want genuine parts at discount then I would be following my advice and start searching EBay for Audi dealers who are selling there with a discount. As I say, Aberdeen Audi (ask for Malcolm) were one who were offering discounted prices - and will mail order. 
You will have to go on EBay to look for Brembo discs anyway - so one stop search. 

‘.....speak to some local dealers ....’ . You might stand as much chance of getting a discount as I have of getting my hair  back! I really wouldn’t waste their time and yours. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

i will do just that, cheers.