Fault code P200200 Particulate Trap Bank 1

James397

Hi, I’m new on here. I was hoping someone could help. 
I’ve been having this fault come up 

Fault code P200200.
Particulate Trap Bank 1
Efficiency Below Threshold 

I’ve tried removing the fault then using Particulate filter cleaner but the light came on again after a month. 

any suggestions on what this could be and how to sort it? 

My advice would be to take off the dpf to check to see if it's blocked. Once it's off it's worth cleaning it abd reinstalling it to see if that fixes the issue. However it might be the case you'll.need a new dpf. 

• 1 year later...

Hi

I am getting the same error as above, I have taken it to three garages, an independent, Halfords and Audi dealer.  All ran a diagnostics check and came back with the fault,  the first two have done a forced regen with the second stating that the regen would not run.  

I have ran it as per the guidance to clear the DPF several times when the light has returned which cleared the light.  

Audi stated that if there was a major (static) fault then the light could not be turned off but all three have been able to removed the check engine light but after some time it comes back on.

I am lost on what to do next as my daughter was unable to complete her driving test whilst it is still displayed.

The only symptom based on the research I have done, relating to the DPF is the the fan overworking (which I have observed for a long while now but was told by professionals that was normal for my Audi A3 and nothing to worry about).

Please help, thank you.  

Edited by samcymru

6 hours ago, samcymru said:

Hi

I am getting the same error as above, I have taken it to three garages, an independent, Halfords and Audi dealer.  All ran a diagnostics check and came back with the fault,  the first two have done a forced regen with the second stating that the regen would not run.  

I have ran it as per the guidance to clear the DPF several times when the light has returned which cleared the light.  

Audi stated that if there was a major (static) fault then the light could not be turned off but all three have been able to removed the check engine light but after some time it comes back on.

I am lost on what to do next as my daughter was unable to complete her driving test whilst it is still displayed.

The only symptom based on the research I have done, relating to the DPF is the the fan overworking (which I have observed for a long while now but was told by professionals that was normal for my Audi A3 and nothing to worry about).

Please help, thank you.  

Hi if its P2002 code its the low pressure EGR cooler going south how many miles has it covered and what is the engine code.

Steve.

• Like 1