Fault codes galore please help stuck in LIMP MODE

A3 forum Noob

Hello guys,

hope you are all well could do with some advise on how to tackle fixing this limp mode issue.

Hoping to sort this myself as i cant afford to take it to a garage at the moment but cant seem to find the issue of what needs replacing. 

i have an Audi A3 2.0tdi 100k miles 2008 103kw thats stuck in limp mode when scanned the below codes come up.

i have tried to clear the codes but the will not clear and soon as i turn the car on the glow plug and EML are both lit up. 

"P2425 - Exaust gas recirculation cooling valve control circuit open"

"P0047 - Turbocharger / Supercharger boost control solenoid 'A': circuit/Open"

P0045 - Turbocharger / Supercharger boost control solenoid 'A': circuit/Open"

"P2426 - Exaust gas recirculation cooling valve control circuit low"

"P261A - Coolant Pump 'B' control circuit / open

I have tried to check the EGR vacuum pump solenoid it seems to be in good condition in relation to code P2425 not sure how else to check it im going to try and swap it from a friends car and see if this changes anything. 

I'm going to check P261A - Coolant Pump and see if this is a separate issue or if it is causing all the above issues. 

If anyone could help with this issue it would be much appreciated and if anyone knows if its a few things that need fixing or is it one thing that's causing all these faults.

Does the car have a full service history? Did all these faults appear at the same time? Are there other symptoms when the engine is running?

There is one thing that can cause all the problems with limp mode and strange warning lights, but I'll not mention it yet to avoid jumping to conclusions.

Hello mate, yes the car has full service history. it was driving fine for a while and these all came out of no where just went into limp mode and shows these codes. 

before this engine was running smooth no issues it still runs smooth in limp mode no knocking or juddering or anything. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Ken, 

And there’s me thinking it’s just me, going through my old and cynical phase!
Well at least the old bit is correct, and as for the cynical bit, I really do feel that that part of me is showing through - unfortunately. 
For my part, I try to be polite, logical, and hopefully constructive, but (as with most forums?) there seems to be an air of ‘I want, you know, you tell’ - seldom thanks, and that’s OK if it must be, but as you say Ken, very often not even an acknowledgement, and certainly a general absence of follow up, which is the most important part, since this is the part which will assist others in similar problems in the future. 

My sincere apologies and thanks to those who take the trouble to return to the forum and give an update.

Perhaps some of this is understandable when you consider some folks come to the forum asking for advice on, let’s say the source of a noise, and their expectation maybe that the forum can isolate the cause FOC without any access to inspecting the vehicle. A failure to be able do that may perhaps disappoint, and put the forum in bad light. 

I’ve been wondering for a little while about the general effectiveness of my involvement on here, so your your interesting comment comes at an opportune time Ken. 

There again, it might be just us two who share this opinion Ken.  Still…..

Many thanks and kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1

Well here's a third who shares that opinion Gareth and Ken. I understand questioners doubting or even rejecting some of the advice received from the regulars here, after all we are unknown strangers with no proven reputation or experience, but it irritates me that rarely is there any feedback by way of resolutions to their problems, and still less any thanks for the time and effort we contribute.

Perhaps I am also too old and cynical to cope with the ungracious demands of those who expect instant answers at the touch of a keyboard.

Cliff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cliffcoggin said:

Well here's a third who shares that opinion Gareth and Ken. I understand questioners doubting or even rejecting some of the advice received from the regulars here, after all we are unknown strangers with no proven reputation or experience, but it irritates me that rarely is there any feedback by way of resolutions to their problems, and still less any thanks for the time and effort we contribute.

Perhaps I am also too old and cynical to cope with the ungracious demands of those who expect instant answers at the touch of a keyboard.

Cliff.

Hi, Clifford your analysis is not to far off the mark, I honestly believe a lot of these people rock up expecting an instant concise diagnosis based on the flimsiest of information and then take the possible reason and run off into cyber space with a cheers easy attitude, I personally now don't wonder why a lot of these first post problems don't get a reply, I admire people like yourself Gareth, Steve who along with a few others keep trying, I have come across the same situation on the Ford forum where one of the guys who used the forum worked for Fords and handed out good solid information like confetti and eventually got fed up with being ignored and never did post again,  a massive loss to the forum and those who actually had thanked him.

Steve.

Stevey ,that remark went over my head..

what matters is that people like you Cliff, magnet and others who do find/make the time to reply to genuine information seekers do not give in to the ignorant few.

i for one like to read of problems and their solutions and if i can to add my little knowledge to further the forums status as a place to come to satisfy self help.

respect to your knowledge and shame on these people who have no idea of what they are doing /talking about

Hello Ken,

I think you have knocked the nail on the head as far as problem solutions are concerned. It is this follow up that makes any of the threads meaningful, and regrettably there are a fair percentage of ‘open threads’ where the persons seeking advice do not come back to let the forum know what the outcome was. The reality is that I don’t feel that this particular forum is that different from others in that respect, but…..
For my part, I don’t mind offering advice - some meaningful, some not - and this lack of response doesn’t really disappoint too much in terms of ‘why do I bother?’ , but it’s the lack of useful feedback for other’s benefit which sometimes frustrates. 
Having said all that, it is a breath of fresh air when some good folks do come back and post the outcome. Great! 
Many thanks again Ken,

Kind regards,

Gareth.