2020 A3 niggles

mickyduck

Hi 

My 2020 A3 is my third, (and last A3.)  I am totally underwhelmed by the added electronics, such as lane departure function that jerks the steering wheel, reminding you to turn it off! Also the daft pop ups "LIMITED VISIBILITY" ! No sh*t Tonto, I hadn't noticed.

What has really ripped my knitting is having to replace the front discs and pads after my service tech informed me they where both excessively worn, which is worrying for a car that was 10 months old and low mileage.

Anyone else got the same issues, I wonder? 

I think your complaints are felt by lots of motorists with various companies. I have to say I hate vag adaptive cruise control as it can't predict cars moving over etc. We have a Ford van at work and find the lane departure warning ok. It doesn't jerk the wheel it just vibrates the steering wheel if you go over any line. 

Regarding the brakes, I often find the vehicle health checks ott. They'll tell you parts need changing even if there's 2k Miles in them. I worked as a service advisor for Volkswagen but not on commission to upsell work. Therefore I was straight with the customer telling them that the work wasn't needed yet but it was an advisory. But I was a minority as most service advisors get commission to upsell work on a health check. 

• Like 1