A6 C6 07 PROBLEM STARTING SOMETIMES

Simon2168
聽Share

Hi I'm new to this but here goes.... My a6 estate 2007 sometimes when i try to start it it turns over but makes a horrible like clatter noise and shudders a bit then then starts like nothing happened, sometimes if it goes on a little longer the oil pressure logo comes up on the dash so i turn it off and try again and its fine. It happens probably once a month and thats it! I was wondering if it could be something to do with the fuel pump?? Cheers for any help or advice聽馃槂聽Simon

• 1 month later...

Hi all it turned out to be the alternator pulley, i didn't realise that when you change the tensioner and fan belt you should always change the pulley as well! But all sorted and drives and starts like a dream 馃憤

1 hour ago, Simon2168 said:

Hi all it turned out to be the alternator pulley, i didn't realise that when you change the tensioner and fan belt you should always change the pulley as well! But all sorted and drives and starts like a dream 馃憤

Glad you got sorted 鈽猴笍

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Simon2168 said:

Hi a deep sigh of relief well done.

• Thanks 1