Audi s3 8l mk1 door catch

Caddy2156

s-l1600.thumb.png.6b55e42b3bd3c72ddff6321906e1f78c.pngHi

audi s3 8l mk1 2003 

Having trouble with osf drivers side door catch  will not close properly.been told part number is 8l2837016b but having no luck finding  this part!! Does anyone know if there is other part number that is compatible with this model? Many Thanks.

Edited by Caddy2156

Thanks David,

You seem to have carried out the searches which I would  have suggested, so now saved me advising these routes. 
Re. Part numbers:- 

Since your part is no longer available via. Audi then I would expect that they will correctly advise you if the suffix letter signifies any unacceptable differences. I wouldn’t attempt to seek this advice over the phone, but go along and talk with the Parts chap in person.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

• Thanks 1

Hello David,

The logic of the end suffice letter does make sense, since the letter changes as the part gets modified for later models. In my experience, the modifications can be minor and the parts can sometimes be interchangeable. In your case, the suffix letter is all important since the electrical connections have been modified since your ‘B’ design. 
I know Audi has/do keep the same basic part numbers for cambelt kits, but change the end letter for different engines, so the suffix match is essential there. 

Possibly a daft question and of no significance, but if you did find one in say Germany, will it be identical in terms of our driver’s door being their passenger door? Guess yes, but worth an ask. 
I too would have registered my want with as many of the online breaker systems as possible - and would keep doing so. 

What is actually wrong with yours David? Repairable with some engineering? 
Audi dealers? Is such things as redundant stock national searches at dealers, a thing of the past? - I guess so. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• 1 year later...

Hi David,

Not sure if you have sourced a lock yet but I've come across the same symptoms as yourself and found this site if this helps:

8L2837016B AUDI / VOLKSWAGEN ➤ Buy online now Door lock with door contact switch driver side at Cars245

FIRST10 also offers 10% off on checkout.

Thanks

Patrick

• 1 year later...

Hi I know it's an old thread but I had the same problem, I have a 1999 a3 petrol 3 door quattro, driver door wouldn't shut properly and just popped open when driving part number for the catch is 8L2837016B after a very long hunt you cannot get this part number anywhere and everyone says nothing else fits, I spent hours hunting eBay just looking at the pictures to find a close match just to do some testing to see if I could get another to work, I came across one part number is 8D1837016A I got it from Lithuania and only cost me £12, it fits perfectly and works 100%

hope this will help someone in the future with this issue

• Like 1

21 hours ago, deanphillips said:

Hi I know it's an old thread but I had the same problem, I have a 1999 a3 petrol 3 door quattro, driver door wouldn't shut properly and just popped open when driving part number for the catch is 8L2837016B after a very long hunt you cannot get this part number anywhere and everyone says nothing else fits, I spent hours hunting ebay just looking at the pictures to find a close match just to do some testing to see if I could get another to work, I came across one part number is 8D1837016A I got it from Lithuania and only cost me £12, it fits perfectly and works 100%

hope this will help someone in the future with this issue

Thank you for your input 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2024 at 7:26 AM, Steve Q said:

Thank you for your input 🙂

Hi Thanks for the input

Good to know that different part number works!!