Space saver spare wheel.

james brown

Have just sold my q3,and kept the space saver and Jack and tools.I have purchased a Audi A4 40tfsi black edition what tray will I need for the tyre and other parts also part numbers if possible.Thanking you in anticipation.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello James,

I did submit my comments in an earlier A4 forum, but here's my experience.

I too have an A4 (Avant) TFSI 2019 model and also wanted to install a space-saver. Sadly, and after purchasing all the bits I thought I'd need from both eBay & my local Audi dealer, it proved a very complex issue! 🤔 Luckily I was able to get a refund for all those items.

My car did not come with a jack, just the (useless, in most cases) inflation kit. My dealer was helpful to a point, but it meant I would have to purchase a whole new liner for the cargo area to accommodate the necessary kit to fit the spare wheel and its sundry items. They were really helpful, 🤗 and after much time spent on their laptop trying to find a solution, could not fit the items I had bought without that particular liner. 😒
All this is down to weight saving to meet carbon emmision standards, as far as I'm aware, same goes for smaller fuel tanks!

Hello James,
Thanks for your reply. I had seen the YouTube video you mentioned whilst researching parts needed to fit a spare wheel and went ahead and ordered them.

Sadly, and after taking the car to a main Audi dealership those parts would not fit. I think I mentioned before that a whole new moulding needs to be purchased for the cargo area to accommodate the parts involved. The technician took a long time searching for the suitable part as there were many options, and he gave no guarantee that it would work out! I called it a day, so now would have to rely on the Audi breakdown service (AA) to fix a flat tyre. 

I really would have thought that somebody out there would have come up with a solution for this very irritating problem. 😟

All the best,

Chris