Horn - seriously?

Tinyflier

Had my RS4 Avant for 3 weeks (love it!) and for the first time today used the horn.

I then looked round to see where Noddy was in his pedal car!

is the horn really a feeble "peep" or is it a case that something is wrong with mine? 

David 

6 hours ago, Tinyflier said:

Had my RS4 Avant for 3 weeks (love it!) and for the first time today used the horn.

I then looked round to see where Noddy was in his pedal car!

is the horn really a feeble "peep" or is it a case that something is wrong with mine? 

David 

Hi sounds like a bad connection on the back of the horn unit or water in diaphragm chamber inside a cheapie new one off eBay will probably cure it.

Steve.

6 minutes ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi sounds like a bad connection on the back of the horn unit or water in diaphragm chamber inside a cheapie new one off eBay will probably cure it.

Steve.

Car is going in for a DSG service next week, I'll have them check that out - cheers.

David

19 minutes ago, Tinyflier said:

Car is going in for a DSG service next week, I'll have them check that out - cheers.

David

At last another member of the timely maintenance club, regular DSG servicing saves a world of trouble down the line, the horn will be a cake walk.

Steve.

54 minutes ago, Stevey Y said:

At last another member of the timely maintenance club, regular DSG servicing saves a world of trouble down the line, the horn will be a cake walk.

Steve.

Am a bit OCD when it comes to adhering to manufacturers servicing schedules. Generally work on the principle that they set these for a reason and to be honest a DSG service isn't exactly a bank breaker is it. 

17 hours ago, Tinyflier said:

Am a bit OCD when it comes to adhering to manufacturers servicing schedules. Generally work on the principle that they set these for a reason and to be honest a DSG service isn't exactly a bank breaker is it. 

Hi you would be amazed at the amount of CR@P people will believe when some are told the gearbox is filled for life and won't need servicing by the dealers especially when they can sell them a new one at five grand further down the line, it creates further wealth for them and people happily take it on board as it gives them a feeling of well being as they haven't had to fork out, the dealers now acknowledge a service is available otherwise they loose trade to the independents who knew it was possible years ago, one of my cabbie mates has a Skoda Superb with a DSG box and with the help of regular servicing has achieved over 250k with the only mechanical gearbox replacement being the clutch.

Steve.