Car Prices

I can't believe the price of good used cars these days. I purchased my fully loaded A6 Avant Black Edition in January 2021 it is now worth £6k more than when I purchased it. It seems the used car trade has gone completely haywire since the shortness of chips etc. A friend of mine just bought a new Mercedes E class with out the Sat. Nav fitted which hopefully would be done on recall. 

I have a part time job of delivering and collecting new cars. At the moment I am collecting used MG ZS EV's for more money than we were selling new ones for a few months ago.

The whole market is crazy. It's due to the chip shortage. It's those in finance I feel sorry for as when the market crashes they'll be into negative equity up to their eyeballs. 

Hello Steve,

Just an opinion, but will the market indeed crash??
Or will the manufacturers now set the prices for the new vehicles ( when available) - inline with the current inflated prices? I know what I would do if I was at the business end of car manufacturing! 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

I mentioned about the MG ZS, and today I noticed MG are not going to import any new petrol cars for the rest of 2022 as their 2022 target of 45000 units was reached  at the end of February.

Hello Tony,

I think Nathanial Cars has more than their fair share of new MGs down here, not far from me. Compounds full of them!

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

15 hours ago, Magnet said:

Hello Steve,

Just an opinion, but will the market indeed crash??
Or will the manufacturers now set the prices for the new vehicles ( when available) - inline with the current inflated prices? I know what I would do if I was at the business end of car manufacturing! 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Good question, I think long term the higher fuel prices go the more people will look at the options of what's cheapest to get them to work and back. I know I've considered my options and know what I'll do. 

And hadn't thought about new car prices. But thinking about it they too have increased.