Sweeping Indicators

Anton8

Hi

I have sweeping rear indicators on my 2016 A6 Avant. Has anyone tried converting the front indicators to do the same? Or perhaps it can't be done.

Tony

32 minutes ago, Anton8 said:

Hi

I have sweeping rear indicators on my 2016 A6 Avant. Has anyone tried converting the front indicators to do the same? Or perhaps it can't be done.

Tony

Hi I am pretty sure you can't do it without retrofitting the headlights and tail lights with the pulsing LEDs fitted in them already, these come with some sort of heath Robinson control units for the rears and the fronts will be built in to the headlight unit, all available from some very exotic parts of the world with no known track record of ever building these items for O.E.

Steve.

20 minutes ago, Anton8 said:

Hi Steve

Thanks for the reply. I think I will leave well alone. Sounds like this could cause a whole heap of trouble.

Tony

Hi Tony I did think about it with mine when I got it but when I looked at the retrofit headlight units for around £600 per pair at the bottom end of the market it suddenly made me think, do I really want this that badly, then there is my American brother in laws favourite saying, if it aint broke don't fix it.

Steve.

Hi 

Whilst looking for sweeping front indicator lights, I have stumbled on sweeping door mirror indicators from the USA. I have ordered a set (under £13.00) will let you know what they are like, and if they work or not. Thought I would risk £13.00 just to see.

Tony

6 hours ago, Anton8 said:

Hi 

Whilst looking for sweeping front indicator lights, I have stumbled on sweeping door mirror indicators from the USA. I have ordered a set (under £13.00) will let you know what they are like, and if they work or not. Thought I would risk £13.00 just to see.

Tony

Hi Tony the indicators work ok and at £13.00 as you say its worth a punt, they also do a conversion for the existing headlights but from memory it involves taking them apart, dunno about you but I think I can find a better use for twelve hours and having to build a sweat box to get the lense glue to soften up.

Hi Steve

It sounds like you have tried these. I think the problem will be getting the door mirror apart. Looked at the videos, looks straight forward but from experience things are never that simple.