Audi s5

Teddynewson

So iv had a problem with the air bag light on and the scanner came back with passenger side door sensor got a new one put on still there also when I go and put the full beam on it lights up on the dash and and the lights on full but soon as I take my hand of the stork it goes out got new Ballast both sides still the same any ideas (relays?? I don't know)

35 minutes ago, Teddynewson said:

So iv had a problem with the air bag light on and the scanner came back with passenger side door sensor got a new one put on still there also when I go and put the full beam on it lights up on the dash and and the lights on full but soon as I take my hand of the stork it goes out got new Ballast both sides still the same any ideas (relays?? I don't know)

Hi Steve is right its normally is the font passenger seat where it gets moved back and forth try disconnecting it and give the terminals a good soak with electrical cleaner, gets rid of years of crud build up, the only sign of a bad ballast is flickering of the light or no light at all.

Steve.

17 minutes ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi Steve is right its normally is the font passenger seat where it gets moved back and forth try disconnecting it and give the terminals a good soak with electrical cleaner, gets rid of years of crud build up, the only sign of a bad ballast is flickering of the light or no light at all.

Steve.

Hi Steve the scanner comes back with passenger door sensor so iv changed that I'm thinking it's got too be a damaged wire somewher, and it does have adaptive headlight with iv took the fuses out for and I'm wondering if that's part of the headlight too stay on think it's a case of trying and see 

On 3/9/2022 at 6:53 PM, Teddynewson said:

Hi Steve the scanner comes back with passenger door sensor so iv changed that I'm thinking it's got too be a damaged wire somewher, and it does have adaptive headlight with iv took the fuses out for and I'm wondering if that's part of the headlight too stay on think it's a case of trying and see 

Hi the most common place for wiring to break is where the door loom travels into the bodywork as for the headlights its normally corrosion in the connection socket that plugs into the back of the unit, bad earthing is the most likely culprit that causes no end of weired problems especially with the shutter system that controls high beam and low beam.

Steve.

On 3/11/2022 at 8:06 PM, Stevey Y said:

Hi the most common place for wiring to break is where the door loom travels into the bodywork as for the headlights its normally corrosion in the connection socket that plugs into the back of the unit, bad earthing is the most likely culprit that causes no end of weired problems especially with the shutter system that controls high beam and low beam.

Steve.

I'll check it out today as iv got the day off