Audi SQ5 Question

marksq5

Hi Everyone,

I have recently bought an SQ5 2014 and a friend mentioned about fitting a mileage blocker to it, I am looking for advice on them. I have found them on a website https://www.mileage-blocker.co.uk/product/audi-q5-sq5-rsq5/

i just want to know if anyone else has had one fitted and if they work ok and are they worth the money. I would be grateful for any advice.

Many Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Why would you want to do this unless you're trying to in effect clock it? 

It's not illegal to clock a car but it is illegal to sell that car on clocked without telling the buyer or dealer that it's clocked. 

Also as this would be classed as a modification you'd have to notify your insurance company at which point I suspect they'd void your insurance. But if you crash it and they check the car and find this fitted then your insurance would be void anyway 

• Like 1

I've changed the wheel size on the car so the miles don't read correctly, my friend said that the mileage blockers can adjust for that. I was just after some advice

Sorry Mark, but your friend’s and your reasoning,  just doesn’t lead to reasonable justification to me. Being polite, it might just be me, but….

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1

The important figure is your rolling radius which will have changed, but that’s determined by the profile of your tyre etc (website will help you with the cals)

https://alloywheels.com/tyreCalculator

Surely the correct way to do this would be to speak to Audi and do it t properly rather than fudging it with some after market gadget.

Personally I wouldn’t touch a vehicle that has been modified with a mileage blocker - doesn’t give off the right message to me.

• Like 2

I agree with you, I just wasn't sure how to or what to do regarding this as if the car covers 1 mile but really it's only coverd 0.7 the I loose out when I come to sell it. 

I can't win either way 

Audi will tell you what you need to do .. depending on the age of the car, it’ll either be a change to the gearing on the Speedo cable (something like that) or a code change. 
you won’t be the first to do it, so ask the professionals for the correct fix. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, marksq5 said:

Audi owners club are advertising them on here. 

Screenshot_20220412-230337_Chrome.jpg

No this is generic advertising like Facebook etc from things you've searched previously via the use of cookies etc. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Steve Q said:

No this is generic advertising like Facebook etc from things you've searched previously via the use of cookies etc. 

Hi been watching this one and would be more than a little shocked if you were actually promoting this kind of grey area and possibly illegal part being a recommendation of this forum, most people research which size wheel and tyre combination would suit and retain the original rolling radius as Grayskull pointed out, do it the right way and you don't have to change any coding or anything else for that matter apart from which I can't see the attraction in driving around with rubber bands on each corner, apart from the accelerated puncture problem I doubt the insurance company would be impressed, on some of my previous cabs I have had a right hard time explaining why I wanted to go from 19inch to 17inch wheel and tyre combinations, what solved it was copies of bills for my puncture repairs and they finally grasped the concept of more rubber less punctures the only other stipulation was that I used O.E. wheels in the chosen size that was fitted to that range of vehicle, they are not keen on aftermarket wheels as the failure rate is far higher than the manufacturers wheel because they are made of inferior alloy, thats why they are cheaper.

Steve.

• Like 1