Car Settings - Gone Again :(

jammy

Second time in 6 months, the car has lost all my individual convenience settings. Specifically:

- Seat position 

- external mirror folding

- haptic pedal feedback (hate it!)

- Heater settings

- central locking 

Quite bizarre and frustrating as they are all in different menus, and some quite hard to find so takes a bit of time to set them up again.

Not sure why it’s doing it, I’m still set up as a key user. All my wifi, apple car play, radio settings and Bluetooth stuff is OK and unaffected. It’s mainly settings that you have options to turn on or off. 

Any ideas or similar experiences?

How odd. A diagnostic check might be worth a try. Or speak to Audi as the software might need an update. Definitely get it logged with Audi so there's evidence you've reported it to them in the warranty period. 

Ive done a search online which hasn't brought up any results. 

25 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

How odd. A diagnostic check might be worth a try. Or speak to Audi as the software might need an update. Definitely get it logged with Audi so there's evidence you've reported it to them in the warranty period. 

Ive done a search online which hasn't brought up any results. 

The software updates over the air. I’m just wondering if that’s maybe the reason? I’m not sure how to find out the update history.

I’ve seen it update a couple of times in the past, but unless you happen to see it as it happens (tiny logo) , you could miss it as it doesn’t require any user input.

It’s all working again as normal now having spent this afternoon setting it up again.

i must admit, when it works the UI and tech stuff is really good in the C8. Unfortunately like a lot if the latest VAG software though it’s very buggy.

Edited by jammy

7 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

I believe Audi should have all the updates, recalls etc on file. It might be worth ringing them. There's a lot of software issues with vag cars ATM. 

It's definitely a nice car 🙂

8 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

I believe Audi should have all the updates, recalls etc on file. It might be worth ringing them. There's a lot of software issues with vag cars ATM. 

It's definitely a nice car 🙂

Cheers Steve, probably the best solution unfortunately. 

I have wasted many a day taking a car in for diagnostic work only to be told they can’t see anything. 😞

7 hours ago, jammy said:

Cheers Steve, probably the best solution unfortunately. 

I have wasted many a day taking a car in for diagnostic work only to be told they can’t see anything. 😞

I know it feels like a wasted day, however having the fault logged and investigated in warranty might help you if the fault happens outside of warranty. 

15 hours ago, Steve Q said:

I know it feels like a wasted day, however having the fault logged and investigated in warranty might help you if the fault happens outside of warranty. 

Checked the update screen this morning after I got to work. It showed an update at 09:14 (20 mins earlier), so on thexway to work. Unfortunately you dont get any history beyond the last update.

I’m pretty sure there’s a flurry of ‘over the air’ updates happening at the moment, and that’s what buggered my settings. It basically installed new firmware and forgot my convenience settings. Annoying, but c’est la vie.

1 hour ago, jammy said:

Checked the update screen this morning after I got to work. It showed an update at 09:14 (20 mins earlier), so on thexway to work. Unfortunately you dont get any history beyond the last update.

I’m pretty sure there’s a flurry of ‘over the air’ updates happening at the moment, and that’s what buggered my settings. It basically installed new firmware and forgot my convenience settings. Annoying, but c’est la vie.

Sounds like that's what it.us.tgen as I know Audi have had to do various key updates on mmi etc 

• 5 months later...

Same problem on my vehicle. I could replicate the problem...

If you have downloaded my Audi app and someone else use the car using the same key but without the phone, key and car in syncing distance it resets to default on start up. I found this increasingly annoying every time the guy who cleans my cars took my vehicle and on return I had to run through all the settings again (folding mirrors etc).

Edited by Optimus