Slow death oil leak.

Stevey Y

Hi, over the last couple of months I have been loosing engine oil albeit very slowly, the only sign was around the cross frame and the drivers side of the gearbox, cleaned it off monitored it but despite my best efforts could not find the leak until finally it gave itself away in the recent higher ambient temperatures, I now had fumes from the engine oil in the car and the prime suspect was a blocked PCV valve as that had oil vapour all over it but on closer inspection with a very bright pencil torch it turns out its no 3+4 rubber seals around the injectors allowing the engine to breath through those rather than the PCV which is an integral part of the rocker cover, new cover just shy of £200, two copper injector seals and two rubber seals £36, changed them in just over an hour and am now stink free.

Steve.

IMG_20220426_093631_resized_20220426_111509624.jpg

• 1 year later...

I have a 2023 A6 and was losing oil very slowly. It needed a top up every couple of Months. Audi told me nothing to worry about as it was just "a new car bedding in" which seemed bizarre. Fast forward a few months and Audi eventually tell me there is a leak. Rocker cover replaced and new sealant. 2 months later warning sign pops up to say low oil. Problem clearly not solved. I am fed up with it now. Am I within my rights to look for a new replacement car?

4 hours ago, James M said:

I have a 2023 A6 and was losing oil very slowly. It needed a top up every couple of Months. Audi told me nothing to worry about as it was just "a new car bedding in" which seemed bizarre. Fast forward a few months and Audi eventually tell me there is a leak. Rocker cover replaced and new sealant. 2 months later warning sign pops up to say low oil. Problem clearly not solved. I am fed up with it now. Am I within my rights to look for a new replacement car?

You should 12 month guarantee on work Audi has done so if they haven't fixed it then definitely take it back. Especially as it's still under warranty