parking sensors front

Tony Barnes

time to have the front bumper off and check all the wiring and sensors, getting a fault code of 02069 - Front Parking Aid Sensors, open circuit, cleared off 23 seperate historic fault codes, drove it a good thirty miles and the only one to return is the parking assist.

12 hours ago, Tony Barnes said:

time to have the front bumper off and check all the wiring and sensors, getting a fault code of 02069 - Front Parking Aid Sensors, open circuit, cleared off 23 seperate historic fault codes, drove it a good thirty miles and the only one to return is the parking assist.

Glad all the others cleared. It's most likely a sensor. But definitely check for broken wiring. Last resort it could be the module. 

18 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

Glad all the others cleared. It's most likely a sensor. But definitely check for broken wiring. Last resort it could be the module. 

Not a sound from any of the sensors, so looking for likely a broken wire, I'll just strip it out and test it through.

16 minutes ago, Tony Barnes said:

Not a sound from any of the sensors, so looking for likely a broken wire, I'll just strip it out and test it through.

Good plan 🙂 please keep us posted on how you get on 🙂

had the front bumper off today, unpluged everything and checked the connections, re pluged them in, cleared the fault code and it came back instantly, tried to test the circuit but it won't let you while it has a fault code..... might end up just having to live with it, audi want £110.00 to look at at to tell me whats wrong with it..... and thats without repairing it, i know what they will do, new harness..... new sensors...... new module..... and that'll be nearly £2000.

11 minutes ago, Tony Barnes said:

had the front bumper off today, unpluged everything and checked the connections, re pluged them in, cleared the fault code and it came back instantly, tried to test the circuit but it won't let you while it has a fault code..... might end up just having to live with it, audi want £110.00 to look at at to tell me whats wrong with it..... and thats without repairing it, i know what they will do, new harness..... new sensors...... new module..... and that'll be nearly £2000.

Make sure that the groove separating the center and the outer ring on the sensors is clean.

Every time that I wax my car I get a stiff tooth brush and brush the sensors.

1 hour ago, RoyC said:

Make sure that the groove separating the center and the outer ring on the sensors is clean.

Every time that I wax my car I get a stiff tooth brush and brush the sensors.

Yes just tried that, no joy.

1 hour ago, Tony Barnes said:

Oh well, worth a go.

1 hour ago, Tony Barnes said:

I suppose that you have already checked out the videos on youtube.