oil residue on front grille

Dornish4561

after a long drive , i seem to have slight oil residue coming off the front bumper grille . Around the top right hand side area . i also have a boost leak i believe , so I'm thinking hole in the intercooler causing the oil residue maybe ?  

Is it definitely lubricating oil Calum? Could it be brake fluid? Loss of either could be expensive or even dangerous, and needs to be investigated quickly. Without looking in the engine bay nobody here can be certain. You need to get the bonnet up, wipe or wash off any oil, and then run the engine while watching for fluid escape.

2 hours ago, Dornish4561 said:

after a long drive , i seem to have slight oil residue coming off the front bumper grille . Around the top right hand side area . i also have a boost leak i believe , so I'm thinking hole in the intercooler causing the oil residue maybe ?  

Hi if you have a boost leak it is most likely one of the hoses going to the intercooler as these carry a mixture of hot compressed air and oil/water from the crank ventilation system, this is basically steam driven engine oil vapour which will seep past the clip on the pipe if the hoses are old and going hard.

Steve.