Lag from throttle to drive chain - A7 Sline V6 50 TDI

John222

Hi All,

Ive recently bought a 2019 A7 s-line V6 50 TDI and finding that there is significant lag from when I put the throttle down to getting movement.  Seems to rev up to about 3000 then bang power and movement after around a second- happens when pulling out at side streets and roundabout so a little concerning.. Any ideas what could be causing this?  It has an 8 speed box.    No fault indicators.

Ive had the A6 40 TDi (C8) with the 7 speed box previously and didnt have this issue.

Cheers!

John 

If within 30 days of purchase then take it back to the dealer for them to check and fix as it will be FOC. Also within 30 days period of you're not happy you can get a full refund. 

I'd definitely recommend a diagnostic check. 

Thanks Steve - itss already been back to them twice and they are saying there isnt anything wrong.  I took to another audi dealership and instantly said it wasnt right... thankfully I raised the issue within 30 days but Ive had the car longer now.  I've requested they take a further look or refund the car!

Anyone with similar experiences or if you got is resolved? Found the following youtube link that shows the same issue!

Well the fact Audi have found a problem highlights the garage were trying to fob you off. 

Did Audi say what the fault was? 

Once diagnosed you can try and get the garage to pay for it especially as you've raised the issue within 30 days of purchase. 

If you get no where you could contact the motoring ombudsman. 

Hi Steve, the other dealship wanted me to book it in for a fill diagnostic - is was one of their staff that I let drive teh car around the block.  I'm giving the dealership I bought it from time to reconsider before taking it elsewhere 🙂  

17 hours ago, John222 said:

Hi Steve, the other dealship wanted me to book it in for a fill diagnostic - is was one of their staff that I let drive teh car around the block.  I'm giving the dealership I bought it from time to reconsider before taking it elsewhere 🙂  

Well if the garage you bought it from are denying any issue then you'll have to bite the bullet and get Audi to diagnose the fault to prove the garage wrong. 

• 5 months later...

Just updating on the issue.  After a couple of returns, Audi 'reset' the gearbox.  While the car still is laggy, I suspect this is more in line with what the car is like.  Its no longer taking over a second to respond.  Hopefully problem solved.  Audi still sticking with it was down to the way the first owner drove the car and it learnt to those behaviours. 

• Like 1

On 2/17/2023 at 10:58 PM, John222 said:

Just updating on the issue.  After a couple of returns, Audi 'reset' the gearbox.  While the car still is laggy, I suspect this is more in line with what the car is like.  Its no longer taking over a second to respond.  Hopefully problem solved.  Audi still sticking with it was down to the way the first owner drove the car and it learnt to those behaviours. 

Glad you got sorted and thanks for updating us.