Passenger door lock needed

Chris S3

Hi Everyone, 

Hi There, 
Hoping you maybe able to help, I’m trying to get a passenger door lock for my 2001 Audi S3 (part No 8L2837015E) and have tried everywhere on Web all over Uk and Europe but can’t get it anywhere… would you or any of your members have one or know where I may be able to get one, new or even used one?
Really appreciate any help you could give
Thanks Chris

Hello Chris,

Part unobtainable from dealer? 
If so, second hand is of course the only option. 
Have you tried the on-line car breaker links, such as Partsfinder? - there are more. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks for reply it seems that it has come to that. Now searching for 2nd hand entire passenger door which seems best way forward. Currently searching through eBay and the scrapyards. Hoping to get some luck, thanks

Hello Chris,

Thanks for the reply, but the question remains:- Not available new?? 
‘…….searching …….scrapyards ….’  Are you intending to use Partsfinder etc., or just searching random scrapyards via. your own searches? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Yes it’s a nightmare, although following Gareth’s advice I used a web site called Breaker Link and believe I have found one, proof of the pudding will be when it arrives though and if it is correct. So my advice would be to use them or a similar website that will check all scrapyards. Or even see if you can find a complete door.

By the way is it driver or passenger you need? As have a contact for a driver side lock but passenger seems really difficult to get?

• Like 1