A3 e-tron - electrical system fault error

nc11

Have had a 2014 e-tron for the past year with no issues at all. Service was done 2 months ago at 95k miles.

I've just had this error appear on the dash - electrical system fault. contact workshop. It comes up when you start the car and disappears when off.  Car drives well, so brought it to the garage I use for service.

They plugged in the computer, and the test stopped on B201A00 : Checking software version management. Unfortunately it looks like I'll have to book into a main dealer  Before they charge me the earth, has anyone seen this error message?

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Interested to know if you got this issue resolved? Mine has just done the same thing, two weeks after I got a whole host of electrical faults and the car shut down in the middle of the road. I had the battery replaced then as it was knackered, which seems to have fixed it until now.

Audi have told me its safe to drive, but again main dealer recommendation, and it’s literally months until it can be seen!

• 7 months later...

I have a 2015 e-tron, I had no problem until now, but I got the same fault 2 days ago. I went to the workshop and they told me, they can not communicate with ECU to check the issue.

Anyone had a similar problem?

On 11/14/2023 at 9:56 AM, orang said:

I have a 2015 e-tron, I had no problem until now, but I got the same fault 2 days ago. I went to the workshop and they told me, they can not communicate with ECU to check the issue.

Anyone had a similar problem?

i got the same error code this morning but my car seems to be driving fine. tried using OBD scanner but issue didnt show up. Please let me know what main dealer says if u do get it checked 

Hi All

I own 2015 Audi and I had the same issue since yesterday.

I started the car after grocery and after that no matter i try start the car gives me all types of funny messages 

Brake service restricted, hill hold assist unavailable, low battery , alternator fault battery is not being charged, tyre pressure system fault , brakes fault safely stop vehicle .

Called the road assistance and they were able to jump start the car

When they ran the auto diagnose it is giving error errorcode:P1800 Generator

Have left the car to garage

will post the update once i hear from them

IMG_4840.jpeg

Edited by Sathish

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2023 at 2:15 PM, Sathish said:

Hi All

I own 2015 Audi and I had the same issue since yesterday.

I started the car after grocery and after that no matter i try start the car gives me all types of funny messages 

Brake service restricted, hill hold assist unavailable, low battery , alternator fault battery is not being charged, tyre pressure system fault , brakes fault safely stop vehicle .

Called the road assistance and they were able to jump start the car

When they ran the auto diagnose it is giving error errorcode:P1800 Generator

Have left the car to garage

will post the update once i hear from them

IMG_4840.jpeg

same happened to me after washing my car as hybrid battery had 0% charge.mine still reads no faults after visiting local garage. got my battery replacement booked at audi for tomorrow so ill let you know if that resolves it.

Funny how car works normally as long as the hybrid battery is topped up.

• 3 months later...

Hi, when you talk about battery replacement. I’m assuming this is the standard car battery, rather than the hybrid drive battery? 

im getting the same error today. 2015 A3 etron 

any. Info gratefully received 

8 minutes ago, Jbish said:

Hi, when you talk about battery replacement. I’m assuming this is the standard car battery, rather than the hybrid drive battery? 

im getting the same error today. 2015 A3 etron 

any. Info gratefully received 

Hi, yes i replaced the 12V battery and the fault code disappeared. the dealer told me it was because I have not been charging the car often enough and especially during winter the 12V battery was really struggling to stay alive haha. Hope this helps sorry for late reply.