Audi a4 avant 2010 oil leak

jraudi

Lookjng to see if anyone has any clues on where this oil leak could be coming from , i bought the car around a week ago with 139k miles on it , its had regular services by audi all in service book with cam belt and water pump changed at 120k miles, i had noticed this morning oil marks on the road and put car up on ramps and notices a little drip of oil coming from the drivers side of the engine towards the front near the belt iv checked all bolts and all are torqued to right setting but still leaking from were and i can not figure out were from any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks

Hello Jonny,

All I can add is that if this oil leak is near to/associated with the cambelt, then you are in a danger zone here, since oil and toothed belts are a recipe for disaster! 
Your quickest and most effective route is to get this investigated locally, - informing the seller of what you are doing - without delay (in caps). I would not be waiting for advice on any possible sources, since they are all going to be guesses without examining the car. 
Could you let us know how you get on Jonny?

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the advice iv parked the car up and got it booked in at audi later this month so hopefully it will be sorted i will let you know what they say once sorted as they said park it up and try not to drive it much with it being the front of the engine , i notified the dealer but got nothing back and they have since blocked my number so i can not contact them but i know now i will not buying another from them i know that much i suppose you live and learn when it comes to used to cars just hotta stay posative .

Iv got it booked in at audi but only date they had was 23rd of this month so once i know or have any updates i shall let you all know what was found to be the problem 

9 minutes ago, jraudi said:

Iv got it booked in at audi but only date they had was 23rd of this month so once i know or have any updates i shall let you all know what was found to be the problem 

oh sorry with you posting on the 27th and saying you got it booked in later this month lol.... thats great hope its works out ok i have the audi avant 2011  thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Big update on this situation was the engine may as well of been in a scrap yard , leaks from throttle body , sump and head , water in oil , injectors not fitted properly,brakes not fitted properly , engine had been previously removed and not put back together or placed in car properly , according the audi dealer it was a death trap on wheels and was quoted 6grand plus to sort some of the problems and look i to others that could of found even more things so the car is getting sold for spare or repair if no intrest will be scrapped not happy but the bloke who trading as a business has been reported for this by audi as they deemed it unsafe and dangerous should of not been on the road . Hope you all have a good day and thank you for your support in this situation. 

On 2/24/2023 at 7:31 PM, jraudi said:

so the car is getting sold for spare or repair if no interest will be scrapped

may i suggest you advertise this with pics and price in the for sale or wanted section on here best regards stephen