Audi A6 2.0 Diesel Ultra Black Edition Not Driving

Shah Hussain

Recently purchased a 2014 Audi A6 2.0 Diesel. First month was okay but after that It kept on blowing black Smoke when driving off but would stop once I was driving on the motorway. Slowly the car started constantly blowing thick black smoke and there was a loss of power when accelerating. No lights on the dashboard, my garage even pluged an OBD reader an was not showing any faults. The throttle responds is abit jerky and struggles to get above 2000 rpm. The car has now loss all its power and would not drive past 10mph has anyone had this issue before or knows the possible problem to this as myself or my mechanic can not find any problem with it.

8 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

Could be an issue with the dpf, maf, lambda sensor, egr etc. Odd there's no codes. 

My mechanic has taken the DPF and EGR off the system and whilst doing it he had said that an error poped up implying there was a fault with the throttle actuator but still not managed to find the actual problem.

• 9 months later...

Did you find the cause of this problem? I have exact same problem with 2014 2.0 tdi ultra (90k on it), no warnings on dash, no errors on computer. Mechanic tried pump, filters, had injectors tested, drained fuel and replaced with more expensive premium diesel. All no difference to date.