Gearbox being weird

Lawl

Hi all,couldn’t find the proper thread sorry. What’s happening is when car is in park then put into reverse it’s ok then when I go to move gear down to drive I noticed that the light on dash jumps back to park then moves along the gears and lights up drive as it should, then in drive and go to reverse it goes to park first then lights up reverse,when it does this you would not see it unless you’re looking for it. Could it be the multifunction switch needs replaced or is something slipping at the gear stick side,the odd time all lights on gears are red,if someone has had similar issues and got fixed would be greatfull for any info, cheers 

Hi Steve,I’m sure it was done before I got car,will check paperwork if I can find it (daft brain playing up) can’t remember where I put it,will also check the Japanese paperwork with Google translate to see,also was looking at an obdeleven diagnostic things,on android system it does a lot of stuff,checking,coding etc. similar to vcds but less complicated I think ,as it will only be for my car