Emission control System

cursor-delta0g

Sensor reset, could be bank 3 being the culprit. Apparently a pig of a location to replace. We will see if reappears. 

another flag was  catalytic but inconclusive with further code information.  🤔 fingers crossed not the latter

32 minutes ago, cursor-delta0g said:

Sensor reset, could be bank 3 being the culprit. Apparently a pig of a location to replace. We will see if reappears. 

another flag was  catalytic but inconclusive with further code information.  🤔 fingers crossed not the latter

Hi treat it to a bottle of Cataclean that normally sorts it out and OBD Eleven is a good starter for diagnostics and not out of town price wise.

Steve.

57 minutes ago, cursor-delta0g said:

Thank you so much for cataclean recommendation, not used that before.  Will research on obd 11. 

Hi the mechanic condemned the cat on my neighbours car three years ago and its passed all subsequent MOTs with flying colours just off the back of a bottle of cataclean every year and no lights on dash, the little known thing is a cat will throw a light at about 95% efficiency its the way the software is written.

Steve.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2023 at 8:05 PM, Stevey Y said:

Hi the mechanic condemned the cat on my neighbours car three years ago and its passed all subsequent MOTs with flying colours just off the back of a bottle of cataclean every year and no lights on dash, the little known thing is a cat will throw a light at about 95% efficiency its the way the software is written.

Steve.

Well treated car to cataclean. Waiting for a new obd reader to reset the Ecs to see if it remains off.  Fingers crossed 🤞 if it returns then I’m guessing it sensor replacement time. 

Marty

• Like 1

On 2/28/2023 at 6:28 AM, cursor-delta0g said:

Well treated car to cataclean. Waiting for a new obd reader to reset the Ecs to see if it remains off.  Fingers crossed 🤞 if it returns then I’m guessing it sensor replacement time. 

Marty

Keep us posted on how you get on 🙂

11 hours ago, cursor-delta0g said:

Sadly ECS reappeared. This time will make a note of the fault  before resetting. 

electro magnetic handbrake resolved itself without any reset. 

Hi Marty sorry to hear its reappeared, might be worth trying another bottle of Cataclean as it obviously did some cleaning and it says on the bottle it might need two goes at it.

Steve.

BF5FFB04-516C-4130-A8D2-566A50170D44.thumb.jpeg.47e9f72b508f131027ec1fe2e15ca4d7.jpegSadly ECS reappeared. This time will make a note of the fault  before resetting. 

Don’t seem to be able to clear this but I may need to drill in to engine/module 2 to check for faults and clear them if at all possible. Then try a second bottle of cataclean 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cursor-delta0g said:

BF5FFB04-516C-4130-A8D2-566A50170D44.thumb.jpeg.47e9f72b508f131027ec1fe2e15ca4d7.jpegSadly ECS reappeared. This time will make a note of the fault  before resetting. 

Don’t seem to be able to clear this but I may need to drill in to engine/module 2 to check for faults and clear them if at all possible. Then try a second bottle of cataclean 

Hi do you know anyone with VCDS/OBD Eleven as either of those would throw up a much more definitive picture of whats going on, problem with these vehicles is that most generic code readers just give you a code which may well be itself generic, in short it covers a section of the engine and multiple sensors.

Steve.