P2293 code won’t go away?!?

Howcanifixmya3

So after I replaced the cam follower and the fuel pump, the car cranked back to life after sitting over a week with zero issues. I turned the car off and went to bed. Today, I start it when I get home from work and everything falls apart again, rough idle for first 30 seconds or so, random misfires… clear the codes and restart the car, the high pressure fuel pump code comes up yet again, after I replaced it with one that is of OEM specification. Did new plugs and coils, my question is what all could this code be related to besides the HPFP itself? Any ideas? I’m going crazy with finding and fixing all these little issues with this car. 

Don’t think so, because when I hooked my car up with the new intake I picked up for it I started it without the MAP sensor plugged in and it tossed its own specific code, plugged it in and the code went away. I purchased a fuel pressure sensor (the one that goes to the HPFP) last night off of eBay in desperation, the replacement called for me to swap the old unit to the new pump, so I’m hoping that might fix the issue. My camshaft lobe the follower rides on wasn’t warn, pitted or marked in any way so that’s not the culprit either. Someone mentioned it could be the inline fuel filter? The vehicle did sit for over a year at a dealership before I purchased it, and as I stated in another thread it ran fine during the test drive when I purchased it. 

21 hours ago, Howcanifixmya3 said:

and as I stated in another thread it ran fine during the test drive when I purchased it. 

And in that other thread it was pointed out that the battery needs to be brand new and coded to the car. Until that is done, all the electrical faults and error codes you are suffering are meaningless gibberish.

6 hours ago, cliffcoggin said:

And in that other thread it was pointed out that the battery needs to be brand new and coded to the car. Until that is done, all the electrical faults and error codes you are suffering are meaningless gibberish.

Alright yes, I get paid Monday, I’ll shell out the $300 and code the new battery for the car. I get a day off once every 14 days so it’s been very hard to find time to code the battery but I’ll get it done and go from there.