No exhaust vapours on right hand twin pipes

Derek TTS

Hi…I have a TTS coupe 8J and have noticed there is no exhaust vapours during warm up period coming out of right side pipes. The exhaust flap is only on the left side pipes and is open and exhaust vapours only come from there. I can’t understand why there are no vapours or pressure coming out of the right hand side with the left exhaust flap open or closed. Car runs fine so am totally mystified.

17 hours ago, Derek TTS said:

Hi…I have a TTS coupe 8J and have noticed there is no exhaust vapours during warm up period coming out of right side pipes. The exhaust flap is only on the left side pipes and is open and exhaust vapours only come from there. I can’t understand why there are no vapours or pressure coming out of the right hand side with the left exhaust flap open or closed. Car runs fine so am totally mystified.

Could it be a blocked silencer?

I’m not sure, I’m going to put my hands over the left twin pipes while engine is idling and see if the the exhaust vapours come out of the right hand side. Because there is no vacuum pipe and flap on the right hand side there should be no reason why exhaust gases don’t come out.