Dating letter/certificate for A3 - year 2009

Easy Choice Cars

Hi all, I'm new here. Can anyone advise where I can get a Dating Letter/Certificate for an A3. I have contacted Audi UK and their simple response, we don't do dating letters and were unable to point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance for all suggestions. Michael

Hello Michael,

Is this anything to do with DVLA and/or import, or loss of current registration number? 
What I think should suffice would be a build record, which should be available from the VIN - even possibly from the parts section of your local dealership- or they should advise from who else. 
If it were mine, I would only be attempting to do this via. a visit in person, and not by phone calls etc. 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hello Gareth,

I am applying to a first time registration as the car is an import and I do not have the original vehicle registration document and DVLA told me to get a dating letter/certificate from Audi.  I did go to an Audi dealership and they told me to contact Audi UK. Sadly Audi UK said they they do not offer this service (and yet VW do and they are part of the same group)  and could not point me in the right direction.

Regards

Michael

Ok Michael, thought so, but you don’t mention anything about whether you are going to follow the advice given to obtain a build record. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.

p.s. Are you a business? 

Ok Michael,

Since you are a business then no doubt you will be subscribing to Autodata or similar. 
Are you asking ‘What do you  mean  by a build record’ - ? 
If so, a Build Record is just that. It lists the VIN and all details of the model and ‘extras’ that were built in when it was constructed. It should/does include the date that the vehicle was actually constructed. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 
p.s. I guess you have the NOVA document to prove all import taxes have been paid. 
Not sure whether it’s acceptable for this forum to provide advice to motor traders -? 
Perhaps Admin can advise. 

• 2 weeks later...