Q8 55 TFSI one week old. Has failed to start on 5 occasions

Lord Turtle

Thanks for joining Paul.

Don’t want to be dismissive, but it really doesn’t matter whether anyone else has any ideas what is wrong - you have an unacceptably unreliable 1 week old vehicle. The dealer has to sort it, and if it were mine I would be insisting they have it back without delay, and provide you with a ‘courtesy’ car while they sort it. 
If they fail to sort it to your satisfaction, then you retain the right to reject it, so time is of the essence - I wouldn’t be hanging around for ideas on here.

Perhaps you could let us know how you get on. 
Good luck and kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks for your reply. Local dealer helpful. First thing to try is to hold the start button down for longer as there are three areas below the start button that need to talk to the system. There have been other reports.  Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Solved. For some reason you have to apply more pressure to the brake pedal when starting for the first time each day.  Glad to have found the answer as the car is an absolute dream to drive. Thank you for your continued interest in my post.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lord Turtle said:

Solved. For some reason you have to apply more pressure to the brake pedal when starting for the first time each day.  Glad to have found the answer as the car is an absolute dream to drive. Thank you for your continued interest in my post.

Glad you got sorted 🙂