Audi Connect not working 2015 Audi A8/S8

Billythebass

Hi all, previously posted on the wrong forum. Audi Connect has decided to stop working. I’ve had my 2015 S8 for 2 and a half years and it’s been fine. I Rang Audi Connect who says that it should say LTE in the corner of the screen and not 3G (BT SIM Card fitted). It’s always said 3G but I could be mistaken of course. He tried a soft reset of the MMI via a video link but nothing happened. Now I’ve been told that I have to book the car in and possibly pay a £70 investigation fee. Any thoughts folks? I’m sure it’s only some kind of digital or software issue which is not my fault. Thanks in advance. Will Gammage (Rugby, Warwickshire).

The 2014 models don't even support LTE, it should say 3G. Have BT switched off 3G in your areas yet, some of the UK mobile providers have and others are in the process.

You have to google it:-

The company (BT/EE) aims to switch off its 3G network entirely in early 2024. EE, under BT Group, has also been slowly shutting down its 3G network across hundreds of towns and cities across the UK since February 2021. 

https://www.businessmobiles.com/blog/news/3g-shut-down-uk-networks-switch-off/#:~:text=O2 will continue to offer,before the 2033 cutoff date.&text=Three will gradually phase out,by the end of 2024.

O2 seems the best bet, e.g. GiffGaff.

What does it say in TEL > Settings about the connection?

Edited by snapdragon

On 4/29/2023 at 3:12 PM, snapdragon said:

The 2014 models don't even support LTE, it should say 3G. Have BT switched off 3G in your areas yet, some of the UK mobile providers have and others are in the process.

You have to google it:-

The company (BT/EE) aims to switch off its 3G network entirely in early 2024. EE, under BT Group, has also been slowly shutting down its 3G network across hundreds of towns and cities across the UK since February 2021. 

https://www.businessmobiles.com/blog/news/3g-shut-down-uk-networks-switch-off/#:~:text=O2 will continue to offer,before the 2033 cutoff date.&text=Three will gradually phase out,by the end of 2024.

O2 seems the best bet, e.g. GiffGaff.

What does it say in TEL > Settings about the connection?

Thank you very much. I rang BT who agree that 3G is being discontinued and say that I need the 3G modem in my car upgraded to 4G. He had no idea personally but that’s their advice from previous callers about the same problem. One customer got back to them and said that their Audi garage fitted the upgrade FOC! Next step is to see how I get on with this idea….

2 hours ago, Billythebass said:

Thank you very much. I rang BT who agree that 3G is being discontinued and say that I need the 3G modem in my car upgraded to 4G. He had no idea personally but that’s their advice from previous callers about the same problem. One customer got back to them and said that their Audi garage fitted the upgrade FOC! Next step is to see how I get on with this idea….

Good luck, keep us posted 🙂