What did you do to your A6 today

a6blacked007

4 hours ago, Anton8 said:

I sold my Beautiful A6 Avant. So goodbye to my A6 friends who have helped me over the years. But wait a moment, I am not going far, I am changing forum destinations. I have just purchased a Audi E-Tron GT. 

Very nice! 

You can be our e-tron expert 😉

Found out my car will cease to start in 450 miles! 😵

Adblue system fault, no fault codes though!

+ I’m now 230 miles from home!

Anyone come across this before?

guess I’ll be getting the water leak fixed too then!

On 7/1/2023 at 8:40 PM, 56Doc said:

Found out my car will cease to start in 450 miles! 😵

Adblue system fault, no fault codes though!

+ I’m now 230 miles from home!

Anyone come across this before?

guess I’ll be getting the water leak fixed too then!

You need a diagnostic check to see if any fault codes flag up. Most likely ab issue with the level sensor. 

It’s booked for Fri am.

There is a light on in the tunnel - apparently adblue wasn’t compulsory for my year/engine (euro 6) combo, so it can be disabled/deleted if necessary. Depends what’s wrong & how much it might cost to fix!

fault codes are odd 3 figure codes.

It was low pressure, so could have been any 1 (or more of 4 or 5 components.

not a happy chappy ! Too many £’s.

oh, well, I’m not going to be selling it for some years anyway, so guess you have to expect a few things like this!

Monday was cam belt and water pump replacement as had not been done before 14 plate 46000 on clock, today was investigate no air con turned out to be faulty air conditioning pressure switch now all working fine hurrah. 

• 1 month later...

Just on the AdBlue issue, last year just after I got my A6 I filled mine to the brim and the car said 'No AdBlue - car will not start' (or the equivalent message) and I was stuck! Apparently there is a Light/Laser that shines down through the tank to measure the fill level by reflection of the light off the surface of the liquid in the tank... However, if you absolutely fill it to the brim it makes contact with the lens of the light putting it below the liquid - therefore the light shines, gets no reflection as it is already below the reflective surface, so concludes the tank is empty! No AdBlue - No Start - No go! So one to be aware of...

This past weekend I updated my MMI software (to include Apple CarPlay / Android Auto functionality) and my Maps to the 2022/2023 version, so the A14 near Cambridge no longer freaks it out thinking I'm driving through fields!

Now, after a long round-trip, it needs a wash...

In my case I'm chasing a lead on a replacement engine and going on Monday to see the donor car, owner and workshop where the engine will be transplanted. All being well of course! 

I hope, pray and fingers crossed it's all good so I can get my A6 back on the road 

• 3 months later...