Audi A3 2010 petrol 1598cc will not accelerate

MarcD

Audi A3 2010 petrol 1598cc will not accelerate from 1st gear to 2nd gear to 3rd it is when cold or just starting to go to work in the morning, but It seems to hold back for a few seconds and starts to decelerate then picks up and then when the temperature is at 90 deg its fine.

Any Ideas on a solution please  and what is causing this problem, Replaced new top inlet manifold with seals and new throttle body .    

12 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

Have you done a diagnostic check to see if any fault codes flag up? 

Steve I had image.thumb.png.04b1651893b1619b0afda2e7e6c59da8.png

so I changed the Throttle body and the old Manifold had a crack in it so I changed to a new Manifold 

No Steve no rough running at all, I found out tonight the even at 90deg it still did it , I feel it could be ? the inline fuel filter ? or fuel pump ? or ECU  ? .

I don't know.

4 hours ago, MarcD said:

Hi Steve yes it could be both of those things, I could change the inline fuel filter that's the cheapest to buy?  

Hi most likely an oxygen sensor or the MAP sensor, recently had the same symptoms on my car, yes its diesel but the principles are the same so I changed the MAP/MAF sensors and its all good. if it was low fuel pressure you would get a code.

Steve.

Hi Stevey yes there would be a low fuel pressure error code but there was not, so buy a in line filter cheapest thing on an Audi a3.

Cheers Steve