ABS/ESP, Stop/Start & Headlight range control Faults

paul_james09

Hello, friday morning I has these errors all come on at the same time whilst starting up. I just wanted to check if they're all likely to be related to each other/a fault with the ABS sensor? 

Ive seen a few posts about the ABS and stop start being related but i dont see how the headlight range control could be? 

It looks like a pretty cheap/easy part to replace if thats what is causing the issues. Or is there anything else i should check first?  

Many thanks in advance 

Hello Paul,

I think you will find that such issues could be linked to an inefficient battery, so my first port of call would be to eliminate or confirm that possibility. 
I would take the car for a 15 to 20 mile run, then get the battery efficiency check - Halfords can do this. 
Buying a necessary replacement from Halfords- ? 
Perhaps you could let us know how you get on. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks Paul,

Even if it does turn out to be sub-standard, then it should be under warranty. If it’s serviceable then obviously you have at least eliminated it. What make is the battery by the way? 
Worth getting Halfords to do an alternator test at the same time.

Kind regards, 

Gareth. 

Can’t/ don’t want to download your link. 
Alternator output checked? 
I wouldn’t have thought an ABS fault would knock off the Stop/start, but I guess stranger bits of Audi logic have occurred. 
Your car is probably too old to have the additional ‘small battery’ as well as the main battery -? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

When a series of apparently unrelated electrical faults appear simultaneously my first suspect is always the battery. It does not matter if the static voltage is fine, it does not matter if the starter can crank the engine over normally, it can still have a fault that interferes with the car's electronics.

Sorry, but too I will not download links from unknown sources. Can you attach the file to a reply?

• Like 1

Here’s a list of trouble codes I’d that helps 

03841 - RPM Sensor Rear Left: Incorrect Signal.

00290 - ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Rear Left (G46)

01316 - ABS Control Module

below is directly copied from carista. After googling some of these seem to be displaying incorrectly I believe… 

CAN network gateway:

01304 - Radio

ABS:

00290 - Left rear ABS wheel speed sensor

03841 - Hybrid/high-voltage battery group 2: Performance

Power steering:

01316 - Engine Oil Pressure Too Low

Steering wheel:

01304 - Radio

Telephone:

01304 - Radio

02503 - Output wire to radio

Headlight aiming:

01316 - Engine Oil Pressure Too Low

Heater & air conditionina

01592 - Throttle Actuator control (bank1)

Range/Performance

Hello Azharul, 

I wouldn’t assume anything. You could find it isn’t the battery after you have unnecessarily spent money. 
I would simply get it tested and depend on the result to inform you it is/isn’t serviceable. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hello Mganet, 

I got my battery tested yesterday RAC they said it serviceable/rechargeable, the Votage it is currently at is 12.47. They said this is too low. They tested the alternator out as well, reported back saying all is fine with the alternator. 

1 hour ago, Azharul said:

Hi, I am having the same issues as well on my Audi A6, incorrect fault codes have been coming up. I assume it will be the battery as I am getting mine changed on Wednesday  

Please let us know the outcome as Paul seems reluctant to accept any suspicions regarding his battery.

• 2 weeks later...