q7 stabilisation and abs fault

Carl1989

Hi new to this as iv just bort a 62 plate audi q7 3.0 v6 tdi sline plus.

had a fault second day of buying it from a approved garage on finance.

stabilisation and abs fault.

abs is on and traction control carnt be turned off. Driving slowly the abs was jumping in automatically then locks tge air suspension to auto.

any1 had this happen before, i do have warranty with the garage but if they sold me it like it then makes me wonder if its a bigger problem IMG_0352.thumb.jpeg.89e59366f315685c921cde7d57ab771c.jpeg

IMG_0353.jpeg

IMG_0351.jpeg

Oddly enough mine did this on Saturday just gone 😂. It was a faulty rear left abs sensor. £55 from Halfords (eurocarparts want £77 for the same Bosch item). 
It threw the tpms light up along with the traction control, and and the suspension light up and the traction control kicked in and wouldn’t let the car set off for about 1-2 minutes then the car realised the readings it was getting were false and let it drive away and worked fine but the lights stayed on even after turning off and back on again. 
it’s held in by 1 allen key bolt but can take a bit of wiggling to get out.

Hello Carl, as Mark says. Taking it back ( bought reasonably local?) is really your only option, since you must (1) give them the opportunity to repair it. (2) you cannot get anyone else to attempt to fix it, without the seller’s permission.

It could indeed be an ABS sensor - but which one of the 4? Diagnostics will be necessary to determine that. May not simply be the sensor ( which obviously senses a signal) but could be ( in addition) the actual ‘signal sender’ which is often built into the wheel hub. 
Perhaps you could let us know how things pan out Carl.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1

This is happening to me now mate. Have you plugged it in for any codes. I'm getting. Don't have much money atm but another garage I'm going to soon says they can't use these codes they need to plug it in them selves which is £90 with them before anything.

20231009_125118.jpg

20231009_125152.jpg