Switch identification

Garry Lee

Go to solution Solved by Garry Lee,

Hi guys....

I've just bought a 2006 A4 convertible and don't know what a few switches are for. Could someone enlighten me please? 

The two black switches are at the rear of the drivers door pocket, and the three grey ones are on the underside of the drivers sun visor. 

Many thanks, GarryScreenshot_20231106_085605_Gallery.thumb.jpg.2192a989b59d72713fb1d780353138fb.jpgScreenshot_20231106_085605_Gallery.thumb.jpg.2192a989b59d72713fb1d780353138fb.jpg

Screenshot_20231106_085620_Gallery.jpg

Hello Gary,

Welcome and thanks for joining.

While we wait for some responses:-

Do you have a handbook, and have you looked there? 
eBay is a good source for such things, but you may find Audi produced a different book for the convertible. 

A very interesting guessing  post Gary! First button - possible isolator for interior movement alarm when car is parked and the hood up -otherwise  might expect issues in windy conditions if the hood flexes???

Anymore silly guesses? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

I've now found out what the other three buttons do..... you can program them with a transponder at the front of the car to open remote control property gates and garage doors. Thanks for everyone's input. 

• Like 1