A8 Towbar

bconnelly

Yes, I know some of you will think this is sacrilege but I've just bought a 68 plate A8 and intend towing a rather expensive caravan with it. The thing is I need to have a towbar and 13 pin electrics fitted. Ideally it would be a deployable kit but not essential. Anyone know of somewhere reputable in central Scotland (Edinburgh / Glasgow) that could supply and fit one for me? Happy to travel further if I must.

Many thanks.

image.thumb.jpeg.4d9b6423c7e1c7e52c0047cd7ed7f82e.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Bryan,

You could try Towsure. 
Also a quick glance on eBay comes up with a ‘Deployable’ version for a tad under £600 secondhand, and there are probably others. 
Well worth doing a Google search if you haven’t already done so. 
Of course, another A8 owner on here may come up with something. 
Good luck in finding one.

Perhaps you could let us know how you get on.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi Magnet. 

Spoke with the Audi dealer this morning, they priced a proper deployable, fully fitted for about £2,800. A bit expensive but may be worth it as it includes the electrics, buttons in the boot and reprogramming the car. Only problem is availability. Caravan season starts in March but they have no idea when the parts will arrive from Germany. I have taken the chance and placed the order. Now just have to wait and see. I'll keep you posted 👍

So missing my old Range Rover right now :sad:

Cheers,

Bryan