Side repeaters

Mal-dog

Hi all.

Slight dilemma. My B3 Audi 80. (1991). My wings havent got holes for the side indicators. Can i get away with not having them or do they need to be there. I know they arent painted so please excuse the primer.

IMG-20231110-WA0020.jpg

IMG-20231110-WA0019.jpg

Hello Malachy,

Your question ‘…….can I get away with it ….? is really unanswerable, since it depends on who MOT tests the car - not any opinion on here. That tester will answer your question with a fail or a pass! 
My view is that you, and any other 80 owner will know they should be fitted, and it’s not making much sense to me why you wouldn’t want to spend an extra couple of hours and properly finish the good job you seem to be doing. 
Just one person’s view Malachy, but the decision is obviously yours to make, and no one else’s. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

hi malachy,when that model was sold new here in ireland that was the standard way they came with no side repeaters,a lot of them were imported secondhand from the uk and the 1st tell tale sign of a uk import was the side repeaters.so they were definitely sold in others countries like this as standard.Greg.

Thanks Gregg, 

So Mal now has a number of useful responses via. the forum, and should be sufficiently informed to make a considered course of action.
Shame he hasn’t visited the forum since he posted his plea for advice, so we have to take it he is still none the wiser.

Kind regards,

Gareth.