Electronic Brake

EK7

Last week I had my 2019 Q2 in for a service, MOT and a change of brake fluid. Since then I’ve been having an intermittent problem with the electronic braking system. It will function ok for a day or two then it sticks when trying to pull away. I’ve been in touch with Audi and I’m expecting a call back tomorrow. I expect they want me to take the car back in.has anyone had any similar problem? I should add that I have disengaged this feature and the brakes work fine. 

Hello Eric,

Welcome and thanks for joining.

Sorry to hear of your issue, but glad you will be returning it to the Audi dealer (where you had it serviced?).

Apologies for the potentially pessimistic suggestion ( and I don’t have any undue support for the servicing dealers) but be prepared to be told that this doesn’t have any connection with the service work carried out - which is not unheard of, since the EHB is not really a serviceable function. Hopefully it can be easily rectified with some manipulation rather than replacement parts. 
Perhaps you could let us know how you get on Eric. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks Gareth for responding. Yeh I appreciate that it’s unlikely to be a serviceable issue but I was thinking it may be something in connection with the brake fluid change as everything was fine with the car brakes until then though whether that’s just a coincidence I’ll find out. I have disengaged the Hold Assist and just using the handbrake switch and it’s been fine this morning when I had the car out for a wee drive. Audi have been back in touch and I’ve to take it in next time I’m in the area ( I live an hour away from the Audi garage) and a master technician will take it on a test drive. Yes, I will let you know what results from that. Thanks again for responding. 

• Like 1

Hi Gareth, update on the hold assist issue. Took it into Audi dealer yesterday and of course like any intermittent issue it worked perfectly all the way there, when the technician sat with me on a test drive and all the way home. Technician gave a good technical explanation of the hold assist function, which I’m pretty sure was the cause of the issue as it worked fine after I switched it off on the day I experienced the problem. Agreed that if the issue arises again I would take it back in with as much info i can give them eg when it happened, time, how long car had been running etc etc.. They would then probably keep the car for a few days to investigate. Any further developments I’ll let you know. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi, I need to replace the rear brake pads on my Audi Q2.

I have an automatic hand brake.

How do i release this so that i can push the piston in to replace the pads.

Any chance you can email me on ty.pettit@hotmail.com

Thanks

Tyrone

A