so i bought a Q5, now for the dumb questions..........

Giddy72

So i took the plunge and bought this Q5 that I had been looking at. WR16 KRN

It didn't have an owners manual with it, so I have some stupid questions, if you will please indulge me? :-

1.  Where can I get an owners manual?

2. Does it use AdBlue (see pictures) as that cap looks like it doesn't come off without tools - I am an adblue virgin and have NO clue what to do. None

3. Should there be a spare wheel and Jack? There is certainly space in the boot and there is what looks like a sub-woofer which is wheel shaped - Can I get a jack and wheel for this, do you think?

4. Is there a way of getting the automatic rear boot to close without touching the button on the boot?

Thanks in advance, team

fullsizeoutput_149c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_149d.heic CarCheck WR16KRN.pdf

Hello Gideon, 

Looks great. 
Answers:- If you don’t want to pay Audi dealer price for a handbook, then search on eBay, or get seller to provide you with one - as should be the case. 
AdBlue:- Handbook will confirm yes or no, but I would guess yes. 
Spare wheel:- If the car isn’t equipped with a spare wheel, it won’t have a jack, but it should have a smallish compressor and a pressurised container of tyre ‘gue’ which you release into the flat tyre before re-inflating with the compressor. This is to be treated only as an emergency get-you-home procedure, and renders the tyre unusable. 
The seller should have ensured the car had a compressor and gue, so it’s a trip back there if not. 
Want to convert to the more reliable ‘space saver’, jack and wheel brace su stem -? Again search eBay, but you are likely to need the foam insert as well to store the Jack etc. 

Speaker in well ? You will obviously need to work out how to relocate that. 
Perhaps you could keep us updated Gideon.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 
p.s. I can’t open your images. 

• Thanks 1

Hi,

I have looked at your pics, and your q5 reqs add blue,

just remove the filler cap to top it up.

p.s. an indicator light in the dashboard should let you

know when to top it up.

hope this helps

Brian.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, dalswinton said:

Hi,

I have looked at your pics, and your q5 reqs add blue,

just remove the filler cap to top it up.

p.s. an indicator light in the dashboard should let you

know when to top it up.

hope this helps

Brian.

Hi good shout but you forgot to tell him its the smaller of the two filler caps with the nut on top of the cap, 19mm, just in case he puts it in with the diesel, that wont end well.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, dalswinton said:

If giddy 72 can't tell the difference between the diesel &

the ad blue filler caps, I'm afraid it' looks like a trip to specsavers

LOL.

Hi it was the no clue what to do statement that worried me, I quote the case of a couple of weeks ago when topping up my adblue outside my local Halfords when a guy approached me with the question, where are you putting your adblue as he explained he was just about to stick it in the diesel tank.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2023 at 1:20 PM, Stevey Y said:

Hi it was the no clue what to do statement that worried me, I quote the case of a couple of weeks ago when topping up my adblue outside my local Halfords when a guy approached me with the question, where are you putting your adblue as he explained he was just about to stick it in the diesel tank.

Aye. I had a direct report at work that put AdBlue in the Diesel and it destroyed the engine and cost the firm over £3K - and THAT is all i know about AdBlue. I shall now engage Google and find out.....

10 hours ago, Giddy72 said:

Aye. I had a direct report at work that put AdBlue in the Diesel and it destroyed the engine and cost the firm over £3K - and THAT is all i know about AdBlue. I shall now engage Google and find out.....

Hi its pretty simple the adblue cap is the one with the 19mm nut on the top there is also a sticker on the fuel cover that shows you which is which, I use my breaker bar with an extension connected to a 19mm socket it works well, just remember to wash the cap in clean warm water before replacing it.

Steve.

• Like 1