RPM Fluctuate Intermittently

backayard

I have a 2021 Audi A3 35 TFSI Sline Sportback. When driving around 15-40 mph and I’m trying to hold the speed constant and the rpms will fluctuate between 1500 – 2000 and sometime it will jump up 2900 when slowing down. It will happen when going up a slope, down a slope or driving on a level road. It’s also noticeable during gear change.

An Audi technician drove the car and said this is normal because of the mild hybrid but I’m not convinced as your driving experience is quite jerky at times.

There is also an outstanding U14E400 - Transmission electronics control module Received malfunction value Intermittent error which they have not cleared, not sure if this is related.

Can anyone confirm if this is normal?

Edited by backayard

• 2 weeks later...

I was told by two different dealership that this is normal.

Also, since I purchased the car last November the battery was replaced due to "low battery warning" in December. I came back from a two week holiday yesterday and now the battery is flat with a reading of 2.0 voltage.

Audi roadside assistant said this could be because I'm not pressing the Park and Handbrake button when I switch the engine off as this is what he notice in the diagnostic log. But this is done automatically when I switch the engine off.

It's going back to Audi to sort out, hopefully they'll find the cause of the problem.