Washer not working after removing rear wiper

Callard2803

I have recently removed the rear wiper as it broke and was replaced several times. Since doing this my front washer no longer works but wipers still do. I have tested the pump and it works fine. Plugged it in and stalk is fine. After scanning for faults it has displayed 3 codes are: 00156, 02398, 02401. Any solutions on how to fix the issue?

1 hour ago, Callard2803 said:

Thank you but i did suspect this but I did plug it and put a kink into it to insure no loss of pressure

Hi you should never put a kink in any part of the washer pipe as this will cause all sorts of problems the pipes are routed with gentle bends and you will never lose pressure because both circuits from the pump have anti drain-back valves so when the pump is not being used the valves shut to maintain the pressure, example, last summer one of my cab colleagues could only get his washers to work at the front with the bonnet up, turns out he had replaced all the feed tubes with silicone hoses but forgotten to do each section against the old pipe so the one that went to the tank was about 10mm to short and kinked when he closed the bonnet, thats how critical it is.

• Like 2

Thank you, I’ll take the kink out and give it a try then. Going to check all the wiring under the boot cover to insure none is damaged and start checking any related fuses and relays.