HELP!! 3 faults showing and no handbrake

Dave8819

Hi guys so I went out in the car yesterday and the 3 faults appeared so I done the good old turn it off and back on again which seemed to have worked but fast forward to this morning and leaving work the car through up th3 same 3 faults but this time they won't clear. So the 3 faults are ESP/ABS fault, parking brake malfunction and headlight range defective. So have a quick Google and it seems to be a common issue across all audi platforms. I have seen a few remedies for this issue but don't know what one to follow to get thvis issue rectified. So I've head it could be a battery dying , water in the ECU . So how would I go about to fix this issue as I've no handbrake at present and the cars parked with 2 bricks under the wheel to stop it rolling.  Mines manual and I tried to leave it in gear but it was rolling away?

Hello Dave,

As you say, unwarranted warning lights can be due to a below par battery, so well worth getting its efficiency checked. Halfords should be able to do that while you wait, and is usually free, so zero cost elimination - or confirmation that it is at fault. 
Again as you say, it may genuinely be due to a failing ABS sensor, and you would need diagnostics to check if that is so, and which wheel is the offender. This would be option 2 at cost. 
Perhaps you could let us know what the outcome is David. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 
p.s. If the battery tests below par then it may be wise to let us know before committing to buy. 

• Like 1

Quick update and had my local Halfords test my battery and its running at 96% so thats the battery ruled out . So I'm calling in with my mechanic later this afternoon to have the car scanned to if it can shed an light on the issue. 

• Like 1

So I got the car scanned this afternoon and it seems to be fixed. We replaced the rear passenger side abs sensor and as I said seems to have solved my problem but we have discovered that the wheel bearing is a bit notchy and could possibly had an effect on the sensor so the bearings next to be replaced.

• Like 1

Thanks Dave, glad you have sorted it, by replacing the sensor. The ‘sender’ is usually within the hub casing, so it would be worthwhile renewing the hub assembly if the bearing is showing signs of wear. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.