Driver door electronics / wiring

Currado

Hey guys. 

I've purchased an A3 8P TDI recently as a in between car and I have this strange issue with it. 

When I bought it I was informed that central locking was malfunctioning. 

I’ve replaced the door lock without even thinking about other issues. To my surprise this did not change the behaviour ( locking system would react to the button but would lock and unlock immediately and drivers door stayed silent )

The next step was the window regulator motor with the door control unit. 

I’ve contacted AUDI dealer and requested part numbers for door electronics related to my chassis number and to my surprise there was no match. 

So I’m under impression that someone has changed an entire door from another car and never bothered swapping the electronics around. 

Well, I’ve sourced a window motor and control unit with a part number given by Audi. Once fitted the central locking started working but now none of the other door electronics work such as central locking buttons, windows, mirrors. 

So the last chance is to try and find a wiring harness with the part number given by Audi or a wiring diagram for my current harness and for the one required and re-populate connectors. 

My Chassis number WAUZZZ8P37A113476

Current window motor and Unit P.N 8P0 959 801 G ( as per info from Audi)

Current door wiring P.N.                         8P4 971 029 E

Audi said it should be .

8P4 971 029 G

So, is there anyone here able to supply 8P4 971 029 G,

or able to help me with a wiring diagrams for both harness 

or someone who is able to steer me in right direction and tell me what I’m doing wrong here? 

Every help will be massively appreciated 

Thank you

Hello Richard,

Welcome and thanks for joining. 
From a standpoint of brevity - check the wiring harness in the flexible section twixt A post and the door front edge. Favourite place for fractures. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hey Guys, 

I appreciate your messages. 

I’ve had whole door installation taken out and there was some repair performed previously and since I wasn’t too happy about it I’ve done it again and properly this time. I’ve even replaced two wires that looked suspiciously 

This did not change anything in behaviour. 

I’ve also checked the car side wiring just in case but found no issues. 

That’s what brought me to suspect the control unit. ( on the window motor ) 

The one that came on the car was working windows and mirrors, the one with a part number Audi supplied was working central locking without Issues but no windows….. 

Based on this information, could you point me in some direction, please?

Richard.

I suspect a complete door, or components thereof, has been fitted from a different model. The previous wiring repairs complicate matters even more.

What is not clear to me is what parts of the central locking are not working with which control units. The drivers door or the other doors? Using the key or the remote fob? It is possible the new controls need to be coded to the car, but I am unsure on this point.