Audi A5 brake discs and pads

Dahaka

Hi,

I'm looking to buy both front and rear brake discs and pads for an Audi A5 2014 2.0 TDI 177bhp.

On any part seller they have multiple brake discs and pad sizes and im confused on which part i need.

I've attached 4 Images which shows disks and pads that have disc mm of either 320 or 314mm. Which one do i opt for?

if i get 320mm discs does it have to match with a 320mm pad or will the 314mm work? is there a general rule of thumb?

also are the larger pads and discs considered stronger brakes?

Thanks for any answers

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_1.png

33 minutes ago, Dahaka said:

Hi,

I'm looking to buy both front and rear brake discs and pads for an Audi A5 2014 2.0 TDI 177bhp.

On any part seller they have multiple brake discs and pad sizes and im confused on which part i need.

I've attached 4 Images which shows disks and pads that have disc mm of either 320 or 314mm. Which one do i opt for?

if i get 320mm discs does it have to match with a 320mm pad or will the 314mm work? is there a general rule of thumb?

also are the larger pads and discs considered stronger brakes?

Thanks for any answers

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_1.png

Hi the best thing to do is ring an on line company Parts in motion they will be able to tell you exactly what size discs you have from your REG/VIN Number, they only sell on eBay but will be able to give you item number for discs that will fit your car, and are probably 40% cheaper than Euro car parts, I use them a lot and I have never had a bad experience.

Steve.

• Like 1

Hello R? 
Certainly +1 for Steve’s recommendation. Why is everyone still hell bent on using ECP despite having virtually discontinued -? their high % discounts on their ‘Retail price’, which generally ended up with the buyer paying more than they would have paid elsewhere? 
Another tip - but keep it to yourself!! - PinM often have a % discounts at the end of the month. 
I too have had superb service from them, and they are always my first port of call for any parts I need.

Incase it helps, a family member is now ‘experimenting’ with Brembo following disappointment with genuine JLR parts - so far, Brembo are proving to be more efficient and longer lasting. 
Let us know how you get on.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 
p.s. Why not fill in your name R, and your location - big place is England! We don’t bite on here, we just hope to come over as being helpful. 

• Like 1