OEM side skirt colour?

spoonsy

Bit of a basic Q but.....

I'm looking at a second hand A3 S line 8Y Daytona grey and the side skirts appear to be silver and much lighter than what I see on most models.

Am I right in thinking this must have been sprayed? It looks to me as if the side skirts always match the body of the car out of the factory, or was this an option at some point?

Hello Spoonsy,

I can’t see any reason why the skirt colour should be vastly different from the main body (slight shade variations on plastic bumpers etc. would not be unexpected), but….

Is this a one owner 2 year old car, and is it for sale at a main dealer? 
Perhaps we can offer some further advice once we have the answers.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Magnet said:

Hello Spoonsy,

I can’t see any reason why the skirt colour should be vastly different from the main body (slight shade variations on plastic bumpers etc. would not be unexpected), but….

Is this a one owner 2 year old car, and is it for sale at a main dealer? 
Perhaps we can offer some further advice once we have the answers.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

It's a car supermarket jobby. 2 years old and I thought the skirt just looked lighter in the pic but when I saw the car it is definitely silver and not Daytona Grey.

It isn't a major issue, I was just curious if someone had sprayed it or something.

Two cars below, the silver trim is first and 'normal' trim beneath that (same car supermarket)

Screenshot_20240417-233231_1.png.65c2ff4556003f0f838a8af37f3999dd.png

Screenshot_20240417-233809_1.png

Edited by spoonsy

Thanks, 

What bothers me more, is why is a two year old car is being sold out of a car supermarket? Could be worrying. PCPs normally run to 3 years, main dealers usually hang onto and retail, good incoming vehicles still under warranty - unless they have proved to have issues that they no long wish to deal with. Car supermarkets source their vehicles from auction - which might have been this vehicle’s origins, stock which dealers don’t want to the responsibility of retailing, etc. 

The above query, together with ‘incorrect colour’ side skirts, would definitely be a ‘don’t get involved with that’ vehicle, for me. 
Is it the colour that attracts you to this car? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

That's a good question and one I didn't get a clear answer to. I assumed it might have been a lease, but nothing was confirmed.

I do like a grey car yes (matches my personality!) But a grey Audi isn't the rarest car in the land, so I can skip this one and wait for another, they crop up regularly!