Buying Help... Audi A4 Avant 2.0 TFSI S line Estate 5dr

I am looking at buying a new (to me) Audi A4. I have found a Japanese import with a very good service history at an Audi dealership. But what isn't listed is whether or not the transmission fluid was ever changed. The service records showed other things being done such as battery being changed or a coolant pump being replaced because of a recall. So can anyone tell me if the gearbox would be inspected during an Audi Service and Inspection? The seller is going to have the gearbox service and fluid change done before I potentially buy. I should add this is a S-Tronic gearbox, so I don't really want to mess this up. There is also a warranty offered with the car, which looks like it covers gearbox issues, but only if the servicing is carried out at the required times. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Hello Joe,

Welcome and thanks for joining. 
It’s difficult to answer your question without knowledge of the mileage this 9 year old car has covered - we take it you know that. 
As I see it:- unless this car has covered a galaxial mileage, then I don’t see an issue. 
After all, the seller (direct importer?) has promised to carry out your gearbox oil change and offer a guarantee, so…? 
My ‘concerns’ would be:- have you already had sight of the service history, have you actually viewed the car, is the seller going to give you a receipt for the work they intend to do pre-purchase, and do they have the facility to input that data ( via. the VIN) onto the VAG on-line service history system?

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Sorry I should have posted that. 87,000 miles. I have the VIN so I am wondering Audi can look and see. I would like to think if the Audi dealership serviced this vehicle and replaced items at their appropriate service times they would have also done the gearbox oil and service at its service time. 

I should also say that I have seen the service books with stamps. I will view the car next week. I just want to do my research before making that journey. 

Have they got invoices backing up the stamps in the book? Admittedly this may not help much though as it'll be in Japanese. 

Due to the strict MOT rules in Japan, I will suspect it's had everything done. As I believe everything has to work on a car in Japan for it to pass an mot. 

Make sure the seller is changing the language to English on all car systems. As this can be an issue otherwise. 

I see your in Ely, if that's London I'd highly recommend you get the supplying dealer get you a certificate of conformity from VAG as this will help prove the cars emissions regarding ULEZ. 

This is more of the question of the gearbox servicing and whether or not that’s part of routine care at an Audi Main Dealer when a car goes in for an ‘Audi Sevice and Inspection’ 

You do seem to be rather ‘fixated’ on this gearbox issue, when there are far more things that can, and do, go wrong despite the proof of FSH. 
Rather surprised that the car has a service book as posed to be recorded on the VAG ( International I guess) computer service record. That would be my main chasing point. 
Personally I cannot add to what I said in yesterday’s post in terms of gearbox service. They are going to do it and warrant it, so….? 
Kind regards,

Gareth.