A4 35 TFSI and 40 TFSI real world mileage

Can anyone with an A4 35 or 40 TFSI please advise me on the following?: 

1: How much does a full tank cost with say Esso or BP rather than Supermarket fuel

2: What MPG do you tend to average with mixed driving?

3: How many miles do you get from a full tank? 

I have the 35 TDI so I am purely curious as to real world differences.

Thanks

Hello Dave,

Tank capacity is 54 litres by what I understand, so you a work out how much it will cost to fill the tank - based on the cost/ltr. in your area for the fuel brand you choose. 
Hopefully you will get responses to question (2) which will allow you to work out the answer to question (3). 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

On a good run including a good chunk of motorway and country lane driving, before back into the city my 40 TFSI can get 45mpg. That same route with more traffic in places and a heavier foot in others still is almost 40 mpg.

In traffic at crawling speed which we suffer often, it can be below 20 on a short drive.

What are you getting?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, icstm said:

On a good run including a good chunk of motorway and country lane driving, before back into the city my 40 TFSI can get 45mpg. That same route with more traffic in places and a heavier foot in others still is almost 40 mpg.

In traffic at crawling speed which we suffer often, it can be below 20 on a short drive.

What are you getting?

Thanks. That's really good for a 40 TFSI. 

I typically get between low 50's and low 60's depending on how and where I drive.

I have had 75mpg on a good run.

With the fuel tank being quite a bit smaller than the petrol, I calculated how much it would cost vs petrol for a full tank from empty and then topping it up by a further 14 litres for the same amount of fuel as the petrol car can hold. 

So petrol would cost £79.38 and diesel £83.16. 

A conservative estimate for miles from a full tank vs a 35 TFSI, and being slightly biased towards the petrol with the estimate, sees 513 miles from the diesel vs 432 from the petrol.