Buying - 2.0 TFSI SLine 'Special Edition' Quattro

VectraGeezer

Hello all, 

New to this forum and signed up as i have been browsing through quite a bit recently. 

Basically, i am a Vectra owner and am now looking at buy an Audi.... a very specific one... and wondered if anybody has experience of ownership of one and if they are troublesome or not? 

The one i want to buy is the 2006 A4 2.0 TFSI SLine Quattro 'Special Edition'. 

I have read that the special edition has 20bhp increase over the 'regular' one. i.e 217 over 197. So my question is: is the 20bhp increase via a bigger turbo or more? and is the result lots more lag in the special edition over the others?

Ultimately i am trying to work our if it is worth spending more on the special edition over the 'standard' edition?!? 

Does anybody in this forum own this model who is willing to share their ownership experience?

Also, i want the Quattro drivetrain purely for the winter days. 

I will be looking at a second hand car with around 80k miles. I know all the usual checks for cars but not any specific common faults on this model of audi so can anyone else point me to any potential danger areas with these cars?

Thanks

Edited by VectraGeezer
Changed title

Hi Saf...welcome to the Forum

Sorry...no Vectra owners allowed on here.....only joking!

I don't think  you'll be too disappointed with the A4, sounds like it's fully loaded being the special edition as well.

I believe the increase in HP is achieved by ECU reprogramming but there was a mod for the size of the turbo K03 to K04  (see link for more info on these turbos)

http://www.jkm.org.uk/performance/tfsik03k04conversion.htm

Hope you find the 'right' car and keep us informed of how you're getting on 

Cheers  Trevor

On Tuesday, November 08, 2016 at 11:09 AM, Trevor said:

Hi Saf...welcome to the Forum

Sorry...no Vectra owners allowed on here.....only joking!

I don't think  you'll be too disappointed with the A4, sounds like it's fully loaded being the special edition as well.

I believe the increase in HP is achieved by ECU reprogramming but there was a mod for the size of the turbo K03 to K04  (see link for more info on these turbos)

http://www.jkm.org.uk/performance/tfsik03k04conversion.htm

Hope you find the 'right' car and keep us informed of how you're getting on 

Cheers  Trevor

Hi, I used to own an a3 3.2 Quattro. I now own an a4 2.0 front wheel drive  and really wish I'd have looked for a Quattro now. The a3 was great when we got snow,  all my neighbours was struggling to get out of the street yet we had no bother getting out. Go for Quattro but keep it regularly serviced.  

• Like 1