Newbie say's hi.

Brian 155

Hello all,

My name is Brian and I live in Stafford Staffs, iv'e just joined through site and currently drive a 2005 Lexus gs430. 

I'm thinking of buying an Audi A4 petrol 2.0 quattro 2008 saloon onwards. I only work 1 mile from where I live but need to use my car due to taking night out gear to work as I could

" being a hgv driver" spend a night in my lorry hence the need for the petrol version and a quattro because my Lexus is useless in winter/snow.

My annual mileage is around 3500 so I think I would kill a diesel engine PDF and all that. Iv'e never had an Audi before so any advise on problems or what to look for would be welcomed don't get me wrong the Lexus is a fantastic machine but rubbish in snow n ice and I also like a change of car after around 3 years , i'm thinking of the B8 with around £9000 to spend do you think it's a fair budget. 

Thanks for your replies in advance 

Brian. 

Hi Brain

Welcome to the forum! 

I've heard a lot of good things about Lexus in the snow and ice, strange, might be the model? and a  Audi A4 petrol 2.0 quattro 2008 saloon is a lovely car, 9k is a good budget I feel, if you want to look at anything with any car that has common issues just head on over to that part of the forum, there's plenty of information there :)

Regards

Bradley

Hi Brian....welcome to the Forum

I think your decision making 'tick boxes' are already there....petrol engine, quattro, B8....it's now just a case of finding the best car for your money.

You should be able to pick up a very nice example for that budget.

Let us know when you find one and pop up some piccies of it.

Cheers  Trevor