Removing turbo

Jordan95

It's pretty straight forward with just hand tools and following a procedure when fitting new one to prime up before running the engine.

Just make sure you block up pipes and hoses with rag to avoid getting grit, dirt, nuts & bolts being ingested when removing and refitting.

Good luck!

No need really....just a case of undoing nuts and bolts until it comes off and then the reverse to refit.

Only take care with the ingress of dirt and make sure you prime it first 

• 3 years later...
3 hours ago, Tonyh92 said:

I have a 2005 audi a3 2.0 tdi quattro have i to drop out the engine to replace the turbo if not could some step by step tell me how to get it done if the engine doesnt need removed.

Thanks

Two ways. First is to remove the exhaust and then take the turbo out between the subframe and the body. Or you can take it off from above. Here's the workshop manual to remove it: 

https://workshop-manuals.com/audi/a3_mk2/power_unit/4-cylinder_tdi_unit_injector_engine_(2.0_ltr._4-valve)_mechanics/exhaust_turbocharger_g-charger/turbocharger_and_charge_air_cooling_vehicles_with_engine_codes_azv_bkd/removing_and_installing_turbocharger/

It's step by step and hope it helps 🙂

Cheers

Steve